Woodbrook Natural Burial Ground Covid 19 precautionary guidelines updated July 2020.
Firstly, we wish to reassure people that we will continue to lay to rest your loved ones with the same care and dignity as always. Our guidelines are based on government advice and a "safety first" and a "safety for all" policy. We must take all necessary precautions to prevent the risk of possible spread of the virus to families, their friends, the funeral directors and our own staff attending a burial.
we must consider
- Those organising and attending a funeral at the grounds
- Those wishing to visit the grounds
Organising and Attending a Funeral at Woodbrook Natural Burial Ground
As per government guidelines our team are happy to help you arrange a simple funeral / burial at Woodbrook Natural Burial Ground
- Services can be conducted at the graveside - graveside services are common place at Woodbrook
- We can help you get a local priest, minister or celebrant where required
- Travel to the burial grounds should be in your household unit only
- It is advised that a maximum of 50 people attend funerals
- Stay 2 + meters apart
- Please avoid handshaking and any contact with other individuals
- please bring your own hand sanitiser to the burial ground
Please do not attend a service or burial if you feel unwell with any of the COVID-19 virus symptoms.
- All paperwork to be handled electronically (application form emailed - payments by bank transfer - booking confirmations via email)
- These measures are subject to change at any time in line with Government guidelines.
Specific guidelines for Covid -19 Cases or suspected Covid -19 Cases
- Any type of coffin (except metal) may be used - we normally insist on an eco coffin www.greencoffinsireland.com
- we expect smaller than the permitted 50 people funerals
Visiting the Woodbrook Natural Burial Ground
July 2020 Update. We are aware that people are keen to visit the grounds - visiting is now permitted, however we encourage families to still be cautious.
Please travel to the grounds within your family unit. Access is via the pedestrian gate.
For more information please contact Colin on 0749152172 or 0861722955